- Light: Moderate, indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight and deep shade.
- Water: Water thoroughly during the growing season but less so in the winter. Keep moist but do not allow to stand in water. Bird’s Nest Ferns are best watered around the plant, directly onto the soil as watering the centre of the plant may cause it to rot.
- Temperature: Cool to average household temperatures between 16-21°C. Keep away from draughts.
- Humidity: Does not like hot, dry conditions, prefers at least some degree of humidity. Mist regularly. Ideal for a bathroom or kitchen. Can also be grown in a terrarium to increase humidity levels.
- Care tips: Remove excess dust with a damp cloth, however take care to avoid tender new fronds. Do not use leaf shine as the fronds are sensitive to chemicals.
Asplenium Antiquum Osaka is a cultivated compact variety of Japanese Bird’s Nest Fern. It develops an upright rosette of long shiny green leaves that have a ruffled, wavy edge, giving it a highly decorative appearance. Asplenium is also sometimes known as Spleenwort, as it was once thought to be beneficial to the spleen. It is incredibly easy to look after making it a popular choice for your house plant collection.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.